THE CLUB IS NOW CLOSED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE
COVID-19 ARRANGEMENTS AND RESTRICTIONS
UPDATED SEPTEMBER 2020
Following the announcement from the Boris Johnson, PM, on Tuesday 22nd September, we have introduced new rules to comply with the latest restrictions; please see below an overview of these new arrangements.
As from Thursday 24th September 2020, the Club, like all licenced establishments, must be closed and vacated by 10pm every night; this means that drinks must be purchased by 9.45pm and consumed within the 15 minute time frame to ensure we comply with this new regulation.
It is a legal requirement that you provide the following on arrival:
- Full name
- Membership Number
- Contact Telephone Number
These details must be clearly printed. (The NHS are producing a telephone ‘app’ which we will be looking to introduce when it is available to help with this tracking and tracing)
These must be worn at all times, when entering, leaving or moving around inside the Club; you can, however, remove it once you are seated at a table while you are eating and drinking.
Service is now only permitted from a table; you cannot approach the bar to make your purchases and you are not permitted to stand or walk around while drinking. We request that wherever possible please make payment by card for your purchases; this will help speed up service and also keep everybody safe.
Playing Snooker, Pool and Darts
We are of the belief that these can continue for the time being, however, the total amount of people playing at any one time is 5, Social Distancing must be observed, and face masks must be worn at all times. The Snooker room is restricted to Members only.
These new arrangements are not only the new requirements laid out by the Government, but are also in place to keep you, other club members and staff protected and safe and we hope that you will feel as reassured that we are doing as much as possible. We hope that you will come and visit the Club, which in turn will help us to keep it viable for the future.
As part of our Covid-19 measures, we have:
- Carried out an in-depth risk assessment of all our club’s activities and how we do things to make sure that we all stay safe and implemented a number of Covid-19 safety notices throughout the club.
- We have introduced a one-way entry and exit system around the Club.
- We have introduced a track and trace procedure into the club, to record all members and their guest’s visits, upon arrival into the club.
- We have implemented antibacterial hand cleaning points within the club.
- We have installed Perspex screens between the bar staff and our customers for the safe ordering of drinks.
- Removed tables and chairs, so that social distancing can always be observed.
- We have introduced a Green and Red tables system – Green tables can be used, and Red tables are out of use.
- We have temporary changed our opening hours and days, to maximise the hours when we are busy and close when it is not viable, to help to maximise profits and reduce running costs.
- While we currently cannot have any social activities that include dancing, or vocal activities or contact games like playing cards excreta, because of the current Government safety advice. We have introduced a social music listening evening on Saturday nights, and a weekly quiz night every Sunday evening.
- We have substituted our weekly Friday night raffles, where you had to purchase raffle tickets, with other fun type draws.
We are constantly reviewing all of our processes and procedures in accordance with the Governments latest safety advise, so that we stay on top of all of the changes, and reimplement things as soon as we can, as we strived to return to as near as possible to normality while always keeping both or members and our staff safe.